Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I don't want to be your friend...

...I just want to be your lover.

This is a lyric from Radiohead's 8th song, House of Cards, on In Rainbows. I feel like I should write a proper blog about this cd since last night I was a bit delirious when I posted.

Ok, so I bought the discbox about a week ago. And had been waiting patiently for my email from w.a.s.t.e which was to give me the code or whatever it was I needed to get the newest album. I was with a friend last night who, when he found out I was waiting for said email, insisted we find wireless internet so we could access the new music. We ended up at Latte Land.

So there we were, sitting in my car, outside Latte Land at about 2 in the morning. I was hoping that the now-failing battery on my laptop would last, and that there wouldn't be any problems with the download. Amazingly so, everything went perfectly. In fact, when the little thing that popped up on my screen, right before the last song started, that said, "Your batter is low and will go into sleep mode to preserve battery", I kept saying to myself, "Please last 4 minutes and 40 seconds. Please last 4 minutes and 40 seconds." It did. I heart my laptop.

The second the first song came on, my jaw dropped. This was what I have been waiting for. This album is awesome. Absolutely perfect. I couldn't have asked for it to be any better than what it is. And with every song after, I felt the exact same way. The last song is a perfect ending to an album. I believe I teared up a little bit. (Don't tell...)

What I'm trying to say is, Radiohead is the best band in the entire world. Go buy their download. And don't be skimpy with how much you pay.

1 comment:

Jonathon David said...

Yeah, "15 Step" kicks so much ass. Such a great way to come back into the recorded music world.