Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm ready to go crazy.

There are multiple reasons for this. The first is that today is the first day I might find out about my MBA program. (Haven't yet, by the way.)

The second is that I haven't gone shopping in a long, long, long, long, long time. I cannot emphasize this enough. I haven't been shopping due to a lack of a job for, oh, I don't know, TEN MONTHS. Now, if you talk to my parents, they will say, "Your job was studying for the GMAT, and you did that, and you did well! You shouldn't feel badly about that." Yeah, my response to that is: MY BOOKS DIDN'T PAY ME. Oh, and you know something else? I can't study in my apartment, or at my parent's house (where I lived while studying for the GMAT). I have to be in a public, not-quiet, place that has caffeine. This usually means a coffee shop. Seriously, I hate libraries. I need stuff to be going on around me. I have come to the realization that this is due to the open-classroom elementary school I attended. (It was built in the 70s, what can I say?) Anyway, my point is, the places I usually ended up were coffee shops. And coffee is not free. So, those many months whilst studying, I was charging coffee onto my credit card. Oh, and food and drinks, because seriously, I needed a break every other night. And those breaks usually included vodka. (Just realized that perhaps the contrast of caffeine and alcohol may have made my studying take so long.) Oh well.

Anyway, now I have a job. YAY! So far it's not that good. I'm a waitress, and I know that when you're new, you have to deal with the crappy shifts for awhile, but come on. If this lasts too much longer, I'll need a different job. Even though the shifts have been crappy, I've still been making more money than I did while not working. This means I have almost completely paid off my credit card. YAY! This is relieving for a few reasons. 1) Mom and Dad won't be disappointed in me for actually having a balance on my credit card. 2) My mom's mom was Jewish, which means I'm technically Jewish. Because of this, I become extremely anxious whenever I have a balance on my credit card. I HATE not being able to pay it all off at the end of the month. Interest is stupid and I hate myself for having had to pay it. Anyway, I'm almost balance-free, and once I am, look out. Mama's goin' shoppin' with some of her hard-earned-interest-free-cash.

3 comments:

diana said...

Seriously, I hate libraries.

Oh yeah? Well... well... libraries hate you!

Jennifer said...

I should have said, "I hate studying in libraries." I actually think they're quite amazing. I mean, you want to know something? Go to a library! Yay libraries! And yay future librarians!!!

diana said...

That's right. You retract that comment, little missy!