Monday, May 26, 2008

Summer's here

It was brought to my attention the other night, by one Mr. Hargrave, that I am very bad at updating this blog. My apologies. To say that the last few weeks/months have been busy/emotional would be a bit of an understatement.

I'm not going to talk about my future plans yet, mainly because I STILL DON'T KNOW. I don't know anything. I do know that it is completely out of my hands now. I did absolutely everything they asked of me. This includes the MBA application (including the GMAT) and MBA essays, one interview for the job I've applied for, one interview for the program, and 8 essay questions for the job. Probably more, but I can't remember right now and that's where I'm leaving it. Please, if you see me, don't ask me about Italy. I'm getting extremely frustrated with not having an answer, and I am reminded of it every single time someone asks me if I've heard yet. Thank you, in advance, for refraining to ask. I promise you all, I will be shouting it from the rooftops when I do here. Even if I'm not going. I will tell everyone just so I can avoid ever hearing the question "Have you heard yet?" again.

What else? I have a new job, which I love so far. The people are cool, the food is awesome and half priced! How can you go wrong? School is over, I did pretty well in both of my classes. I'm proud of myself. I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed both accounting and business law. It made me feel smart again. I guess I enjoy learning. So far summer in Lawrence has been fun. The past couple days have reminded me what hot summers in Lawrence are like. And it hasn't even been that hot! Maybe all of the eating I've been doing will be counteracted by the sweating I'm going to be doing very soon. Fingers crossed!

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of Caleb's death. I haven't thought about it too much yet, but I'm wondering what's going to happen when I stop distracting myself. I still think about him every single day. Seriously, not one day goes by when I don't think about him. I miss him and can't believe it's been two years.

Sorry to end on a somber note, but I don't really have anything else to say right now. Actually, I thought about something the other day to write about, but I can't remember it right now so I'll have to just keep you in suspense. I'm pretty sure I'll remember it because it was on my mind for a few days straight. Anyway, hope everyone had a great Memorial Day! I promise I'll be better about updating this during the summer. Now if only we can get Diana to start updating hers again! I'm so evil.

No comments: