Saturday, December 6, 2008

Skype

So I'm trying to call mom and dad on Skype and start having a ton of problems. First, my laptop in my room doesn't have a strong enough signal to get onto Skype. I then moved myself downstairs to the computer lab. After plugging directly in with the cord, it still didn't work. Next I tried one of the computers in the lab. On my end it seemed to work just fine, but they could not hear me. So, I moved to the next computer, which didn't have Skype. Then I tried another. Got online again, managed to call, but still mom couldn't hear me. I could hear her just fine, but she could not hear me. Running out of options, I then decided to try calling her cell phone. That worked just fine and we were talking for awhile when we decided that we should all (mom, dad and me) be on the line.

Before hanging up and calling her computer, I said, "wait". When I had originally called her computer and had it not work, I could hear her perfectly, but she could not hear me. A thought then occurred to me. If she could hear me on her cell, but not on her computer, maybe it was her computer's fault. I then asked her if her computer was on mute. She said she didn't even know where the mute button was. I told her and she told me to try calling. Sure enough, that was the problem. Now mom knows where mute is. And just so everyone knows, she thinks it's dad's fault because supposedly he's "always playing with the sound". Goodnight.

No comments: