Friday, March 9, 2007

Blind people

I'm going to do my best not to sound like an evil person, but I have to tell you what just happened as I was walking to lunch.

I'm minding my own business, on my phone with Mixmasta Meghann, when all of the sudden I found myself trapped in the middle of a gaggle of blind people. I'm not joking when I say either of the words "gaggle" or "trapped". There were probably about 15 of them. All with those dangerous sticks they use to help them walk. I was trapped because every time I tried get out from the middle of them, there was a stick trying to trip me. And of course, none of them were facing the same direction, so I wasn't safe with any way I chose.

It was so strange. I was seriously stuck for a good 20 seconds, wondering what the hell I was going to do. Once I got out, with some fancy footwork on my part, I stood back just to watch in awe for a minute. It seems like they should have all been going to the same place, but there were some people walking across California, while others were walking across 16th. And still others were just going the complete opposite direction as the group. Maybe I'm just a fool, and they all knew exactly what they were doing/ where they were going, but it was just so bizarre. I was at a loss for words. I did my best to explain to Meghann what had just happened, but I think she thought I was making it up.

1 comment:

Jonathon David said...

Dude, that is a crazy experience. You should have just joined them...