Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Blowtorch

9:45am: The stairs next to our salon are being repaired today and probably will be for the next few days. The guys doing the repairing are pretty scary looking. Guy #1 has crazy hair, is missing teeth, and has a handlebar mustache. Guy #2 doesn't look as deranged as Guy #1, but has holes all over his clothes. Guy #1 is using a blowtorch and some sort of saw that is cutting through the metal on the stairs. This saw is creating tons of sparks, which does not phase this guy at all. He has on a pair of protective glasses, but that is it. These sparks are flying directly into his crazy hair, face, bare hands, and open mouth. Perhaps the missing teeth are a direct correlation of sparks flying into his mouth for the past 35 years. Since I am no dentist, I cannot be sure. Maybe he never brushes. Though, you'd think that the sparks would kill any bacteria in his mouth.

10:15am: I think they have run into a problem. Allow me to describe the steps to you. They are framed in metal. Each step has a metal front, bottom and back, which is then filled with tile. It seems that someone forgot to measure the steps width because as I was watching them try to put the first new step into place, I saw them stop, take out the new step, and then measure. This was then followed by scratching of heads, and then banging of metal (I assume to make it fit into place).

10:31am: EWWWWWWWWW! Plumber butt. PULL YOUR PANTS UP!

10:33am: He is now using a blow torch. Now he has on the full helmet thingy. I'm wondering if I should have goggles on too.

10:42am: Stair number one is in. Almost.

Hopefully I won't be blind by the end of this day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer you are not to look right at it.... or the sparks of the torch eather. Both of those things can make you go blind. The crack or the tourch,
scott

Jennifer said...

Hmmm... not even the sparks? Uh oh. I knew about the crack though. Thanks for the info, Scott!