Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What Not To Wear update!!!

Recently I have been going to a ton of concerts here in KC. I have many friends in bands, and I love supporting them. My concert schedule has been pretty full. I've seen most of these bands multiple times since coming home in April:
The Roseline, The Belles, Olympic Size, Dirtnap, OK Jones, Roman Numerals, The Republic Tigers, Moire, The Life and Times, The Sex Police
...and probably more that I can't remember right now.

It has been a blast seeing everyone play again. I think it's pretty amusing, but awesome, how intertwined all of these bands are. For example, let's take the band Dirtnap. From this band, we get members of The Stella Link, Roman Numerals, Olympic Size, and The Sex Police. It's really neat how supportive all the local bands are of each other.

Anyway, my whole point of this is about Sunday night at Fred P. Otts. I went, with 7 of Caleb's friends*, to see Dirtnap and Roman Numerals play. They were very good performances by both bands. Apparently the drummer, Pete, is moving soon, so all the bands are trying to get in a few more shows before he's gone. Being a long weekend, and two great bands, the tiny bar and grill was packed. I was upstairs for most of it but ventured down to say a quick hello to the band members I know. While downstairs I believe I had my first sighting of a subject from What Not To Wear! I can't remember her name, and I tried finding it online, but couldn't. I just kept staring at her. She had the same hair that they did when she was on the show. And now she has a wedding or engagement ring. Perhaps she should thank the show for helping her find a mate. Wow. I feel like I built that up a little more than I should have. Anyway. Good night.

*Sunday, May 27, was the year anniversary of Caleb's death. I went to Wichita to be with his friends and family. It was extremely bittersweet, with an emphasis on the bitter. I met many of his friends for the first time. Several of them live in KC, so I invited them to the show at Fred P. Otts. Very surreal hanging out with all of his friends. Many of them are very like him. I kept semi-thinking he was going to walk in the room. God, do I miss him. :(

2 comments:

diana said...

I do not know most of those bands (because, come on - Seattle local music > KC local music), except for the Belles! I love the Belles!!!

Jennifer said...

Well, you should definitely check out at least Roman Numerals and The Republic Tigers and The Life and Times. Chris, from The Belles, is also in Olympic Size. Eat that, Seattle!