Wednesday, May 9, 2007

What Not To Wear

Anyone seen the show? I've only seen a few episodes, thanks to my new-found cable, but I love it. I wish I could be on it. No, no, no... Not as a guest, but as one of the hosts. They are so mean. And it's awesome. They very often bring the guests to tears. And they really aren't trying to be that mean, they are just being honest. It reminds me a lot of my mom. For example, I was trying to go out to dinner with mom and dad the other night. I was all dressed and ready to go, and mom said, "Honey, those shoes make you look like a hooker." So I took them off and will never wear them thanks to the fact that every time I look at them I will hear, "...you look like a hooker". I'm taking them to Arizona Trading Co. that soonest chance that I have.

Anyway, back to What Not To Wear. Here are a few quotes from Ms. London:

"Whatever you are trying to hide by wearing a feed sack only looks worse than it actually is."

"That is not a good look. You don't need a second set of butt cheeks on your clothes."

"The girls can't be supported by a thin piece of fabric."

"You gotta be kidding me with the velcro."

"Is that a pillowcase?" (when referring to someone's top)

"We're getting some mixed feelings here. It's either 'I dress like a pre-teen, or I dress like I'm 80'."


She is awesome. And necessary. Clinton is amazing too. And only in my re-watching of some shows as research for this blog did I realize he has just as many catty remarks. His are just much more under the radar. If you haven't seen it, watch it. I think we should all be as honest as them.

2 comments:

Jonathon David said...

The doc and I love this one. One of the best makeover shows out there! Have you seen the one where the subject refers to the color of his pants as "toasted mango"? And London is a fox!!!

Jennifer said...

HAHAHAHA!!! NO! Toasted mango?! WTF. I like the one where the subject won't give up an article (or 3) of clothing because she knows the animal where the fur came from by name. Also, she won't give up her rabbit sweater because it took her a year to get enough fur from her pet rabbit. People are f'd up.