Wednesday, June 25, 2008

64 hours in

Physically, I've had a slight, lingering headache the past day or so and have felt a little worn out. I don't know if the lack of energy has to do with this cleanse or with the hot and humid weather we're having. Or with the fact that our apartment is a black hole and when Stacie and I are there we can't make ourselves do anything (except watch Dexter) or gather the willpower to leave.

Tonight I'm going to a BBQ and I'm going to bring myself a veggie burger. I'm going to another BBQ on Friday and will be doing the same thing. Oh yeah, and then there is 4th of July. Apparently, I did not do a good job planning this out. Oh well. If I had waited until all of those things had passed, it would have been "Well I can't do it now because Meghann's wedding is soon" then "Well I can't do it now because my birthday is coming up" and then "Well not now because I'm leaving for Italy". I'm glad that I chose to just do it, with the help of my roommate. She has also decided to not drink while I'm on this cleanse.

The only issues I'm having so far are that I don't think I'm completely grasping this. I am eating only the things allowed, but I think I might be eating too much, as in all day long. Maybe that was just yesterday, because today has been OK. I had breakfast (2 pieces of gluten free bread with avocado on them and half of a mango) and that has held me over pretty well. I'm just now starting to get hungry, so I think I'll have a snack before the BBQ and then have my veggie burger. My biggest problem is my nighttime eating. Whenever I'm watching t.v. after work (usually 10pm or later) I get a little hungry and I start eating whatever is in the kitchen. I don't need to be eating, I could just go to bed and wait until the next morning, but usually I can't stop myself. It was the same last night, only everything I was eating followed the strict diet of the cleanse. Anyone have any advice as to how to avoid this nighttime eating? And don't suggest giving me a time to not eat after, because I've tried that and it just doesn't work with my schedule. Work puts me on strange eating habits.

Alright, that's all for now! I'm going to go have some falafel and hummus. Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, while I feel that you are going to the extreme here, which is concerning. I mean at what point does a virtue become a vice? But I am rooting for you. Stay strong. |-)

Jennifer said...

I agree with you. I think any "cleanse" involves going to an extreme. This one is only 3 weeks, and I know after the 3 weeks I plan on celebrating by eating a meal of queso dip with margaritas and ice cream as dessert. I just hope that this will help me pay more attention to what I'm putting in my body.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm falafel & hummus