Monday, June 4, 2007

Advice

Well, I just got some excellent advice in response to my last entry. I would try to paraphrase, but I think I may just copy and paste what he said:


"I would argue the 'shame' is only imputed by two conditions: 1) there is something to be shameful about (a subjective state of mind of the 'walk'-er), and 2) someone you know sees you (why care what a stranger imagines?). Unless you look guilty for a reason AND someone you know catches you, any spectator is only guessing. One could have just as likely had an amazing adventure that happened to leave them cruising home under those conditions. Walk with confidence and let the church-goer live their dull life while you get a cup of coffee..."

Isn't that awesome?! I agree with this advice %100. (yes, this advice comes from a lawyer; and no, it is not my brother.)

5 comments:

diana said...

Also, who's to say that you are not someone who is fabulous and puts on an evening dress at the crack of dawn to cruise out to get some coffee, and also just happens to be bad at putting on makeup?

Jennifer said...

Haha! Thanks Diana, for yet another possible explanation.

Jonathon David said...

I'm not a lawyer; I'm an attorney.

Jennifer said...

well, excuuuuuuse me.

ross said...

saw this last night: http://youtube.com/watch?v=MpIgvTxSgmk