Monday, June 4, 2007

Question

Is it still the "walk of shame" if you didn't get any action?

I ask because of my weekend. My friend Natalie and I went out on the plaza and then I spent the night at her house. There was a 3rd person at her house as well, so when I woke up in the morning at 7:00 am, I decided to just walk several blocks to my car so as to avoid waking them.

Anyway, I was basically wearing the same clothes from the night before, sans my high heels (I borrowed Natalie's flip flops). Did not have any sunglasses to hide my "last night's makeup" face. Had my going out purse, and was carrying my shoes. Had I been wearing my shoes (or carrying them and walking barefoot), it would have been a full fledged walk of shame.

And then there is the question that I have. The walk of shame, for those who don't know, is usually reserved for people who have spent the night at someone's place without any toiletries or clothes for the next day. It's usually not planned. Which means the next morning, when walking to the car, or to your own place, people around you can normally tell what happened the night before.

I was wondering this as I was walking to my car on Sunday morning. Did all the people passing me think that I had gotten wasted, made a bad decision by ending up at some random guy's place, and then was making an early escape at 7 in the morning? I wanted to tell everyone that it had been planned, and that I had just never gotten around to getting my pajamas from my car. They were probably all church go-ers too. Great. I can just hear the parents taking complete advantage of that scene: "See little Amy? This is why we go to church on Sundays. So we can avoid looking like that harlot who is obviously wearing last night's clothes. God save her."

So, any opinions? Answers? I really am curious what other people think.

No comments: