Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I've made a decision

And hopefully, I will stick with this one for awhile.

I, JSN, found what I believe is the perfect job for me. I have never in my life said that sentence seriously. Except about being a rock star. But, I always knew that was a little far fetched.

This is a full time position and a part time MBA program in Asolo, Italy. (about an hour and a half away from Venice.) The position is as Campus Life Coordinator for the undergraduate students studying abroad. I would basically be expected to plan events, make schedules, advise students, and work with faculty. (yes, I copy and pasted some of that.) Then on the weekends I would be doing my MBA classes. I am so excited about this. Never before have I had an answer when someone has asked me what I want to do. This is my answer. It will be a 2 year contract. One small problem with this is that the position has been filled for this year. :(

Next year, however, is a different story. I went to KU to visit with the program coordinator, and she seemed very enthusiastic about me trying for this for next year. So, this means that I will be staying in KC for a year, with a job, saving moolah for my time in Italy. I decided that New York can be put on hold for a little bit while I spend some time in Italy. Probably easier for me to do Italy now, rather than later. When I come back I can go to NYC, assuming I'll still want to...

Okay, so that's the update for now. Hopefully I'll have something else exciting to write about soon.

5 comments:

Jonathon David said...

Yeah! Woo-hoo! Alright!

diana said...

If this wasn't so perfect for you, I'd be pissed about your devil-may-care attitude towards NYC.

Jennifer said...

I know! It's like this job was made for me. Thank you for realizing this and not giving me too much crap about NYC. And remember, I can always go to NYC when I return!

RoxieNYC said...

I'm so sad you won't be coming to NYC but think this is such an amazing opportunity!

Come visit anytime!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Roxie! Maybe I will just have to plan a visit now, since I won't be living there for awhile. I'll keep you posted.