Friday, January 26, 2007

Ankle boots

I, Jennifer Suzanne, have bought a pair of ankle boots. The link I've provided is a picture of them. You have to click on the brown suede ones, and then you'll see a picture of mine (except mine are black). Before you know it, I'm going to be wearing neon clothes again. But never, ever, will I wear leggings again. Especially not the ones that go around the heel or the ones that are capri length. The capri ones only look good on really skinny people; bulimics and anorexics are basically the only ones who fall into that category.

Along with shoulder pads, feel free to slap me silly if you ever see me wearing capri-length leggings. One of the last times I was in Lawrence, I was with Meghann, Amanda and some others at The Jackpot, listening to Amanda's husband's band play. I could not stop commenting on all of the really awful outfits I kept seeing. It was like all of the girls at the Jackpot had done their shopping at their grandma's thrift stores, and then threw leggings on underneath EVERYTHING. Nothing fit these girls well at all, everything clashed, yet they all thought they were smoking hot. Meghann thought it was funny how much this was bothering me. Little did she know that a week after that night in Lawrence, she would be sending me updates through text messages about how many legging sightings she had for the day. So happy I could open her eyes to the leggings that were slowly taking over Lawrence.

Ahhhh, fashion. I am aware how dangerous it is for me to be putting this in writing. I'm sure a few years from now I'm going to be decked out in hot pink leggings, wearing a shirt that has shoulder pads sewn into it, my hair in a side ponytail saying "I can't believe I ever wore boot cut jeans. What was I thinking?!" The dangerous part will be when one of my friends brings a copy of this entry saying, "Remember when you said I should slap you silly...?"

2 comments:

Jonathon David said...

I guess those aren't that bad...

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Jonathon.