Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Working out

I love working out... once I get started. I usually just need something to distract me while I'm doing it. If I forget a towel, which I use to cover the time on the machine, I have the worst work out. And it usually lasts about 10 minutes.

Well, I found something to distract me on Monday. In case I haven't mentioned this before, I love 24. And unfortunately, Rich and I don't get Fox at our place. This has been torture for me since the new season started recently. I know there is the possibility of buying the first several episodes on DVD, but I just don't want to buy them, you know? I mean, it's on a basic network channel. I should be able to watch it for free. Right? Anyway, back to the gym. I got there around 7:45 and started my usual workout on the elliptical. Then, about 15 minutes later, I look up and see Jack on the screen. I freak out, and try to find an elliptical with a jack for the tvs. I found one, plugged in and continued my workout, knowing that it was going to be extra long that night. First of all, the only way to listen to the tv, is by being plugged into one of these jacks that they have on the bikes, ellipticals and treadmills. Other than that, there is no other way to hear it. Second problem was, each cardio machine has a 20 minute limit, which they are pretty good at enforcing. Third problem, the only way for me to see the entire show was for me to do an HOUR of cardio.

I never, ever do an hour of cardio. I make myself do 20 minutes, because I believe that is the minimum one can do in order to make it worth it. I want it to be worth it, but I don't want to do more.

So Monday night, I did over 20 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the treadmill, and about 10 on the bike, but I got bored and went back to the elliptical.

This is going to be great incentive for me to work out on Mondays now. I get to see 24, my hour of cardio flys by and I get a smoking hot body in the process. Although, there is the possibility of me thinking to myself, "Hey, I just did an hour of cardio, I deserve to eat this entire cherry pie!" Hopefully I will be able to prevent myself from doing that. We shall see.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I can tell you a story that will make you like cherry pie less....

Jonathon David said...

Jack would be proud!

Cherry pie is my least favorite kind of pie. Pumpkin or apple get tops. But come to think of it, I would much rather have cake--carrot or cheese--than a slice o' pie.

Jennifer said...

Stacie, you already told me that story, and it hasn't worked.

Jonathon, I hate pumpkin pie and apple pie and carrot cake or cheese cake. Do you remember that mom used to always make a pumpkin pie and a cherry pie for Thanksgiving? That was because of me and my hatred for pumpkin pie.