Monday, January 29, 2007

USPS sucks.

I am extremely fed up with the f-ing postal service. For my brother's birthday in October I got him the best "brother" birthday card ever. Since Kyle is my surrogate brother, I decided to get him the same one. Unfortunately, it has been quite the ordeal.

First, I went back to the Target where I bought Jonathon's. They were out of it. Then, I had Jonathon tell me the website on the card. This card was not one of the many I found on the website. My third step was checking the Target in Boulder. I thought "different Target, different clientele." They did not have it either. I was beginning to give up on it, when a little thing called fate stepped in. Do you remember when my friend Adam drove in from Minnesota and I met him at a truck stop? Well, I had some time to kill while waiting for him. I had noticed a Target on the way to the truck stop, so I tried to find it.

Finding this target was a mission all to itself. I kept seeing it from the highway, but every time I got off to look for it, the oasis that is Target, seemed to disappear. Finally, thanks to my wonderful navigation skills, I found the Target.

My whole reason for going to this Target was just to kill time and look around while waiting for Adam. Then, of course, I started finding things to buy. At one point, I ended up in the card aisle because I had to find my mom a birthday card. All of the sudden, it hit me that I should look for the card that I wanted for Kyle. Almost exactly as I realized that, I spotted the card! I am now kicking myself for not buying 2. Needless to say, I was thrilled that I would be able to send Kyle this card that I had searched long and hard for.

Cut to the 23rd (Kyle's birthday). And fyi, I sent his card on the 8th of January from the post office. Here's, roughly, how our conversation went on gmail chat:
ME: Happy Birthday Kyle!
KYLE: Thanks!
ME: How did you like your card?
KYLE: Jennifer, I hardly have the heart to tell you this, but it hasn't arrived.
ME: WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me?
KYLE: No. It never arrived.

After all of my hard work, not to mention the aligning of the stars, for me to find this card, the fucking postal service had to LOSE IT!

Now this is not the first time that I have been directly affected by the USPS. And I'm sure not the last. Another recent example was when Stacie sent me a present for my birthday which never arrived. Also, I sent her a package when she was living in France, that never arrived. That one didn't surprise me too much since you know how Europeans are. I'm sure they couldn't care less about getting mail to and from people in their countries. I mean, isn't that why it takes so freaking long?

Anyway, that's my story. And that's why the USPS sucks.

No comments: