Sunday, December 10, 2006

Benvenuto

Well, I have decided to give this whole blog-thing another shot. I blame Stacie. I don't know why, but I do.

Anyway, to begin with I will explain my blog's title. As most of you probably know, I have a love for Italy, which is where my title comes from. In Italy when you want to wish someone "good luck" they normally don't use the literal translation. Instead, they say "in bocca al lupo" which, when literally translated, means "in the wolf's mouth." I like it. I think I may start saying that in english when people need to be wished luck. For example, say Stacie and I are talking about her trying to find a new dress for a party.
Stacie, "Hey Jen, I have to go because I am trying to find a new dress for a party."
Jennifer, "Ok Stacie. Have fun with that. In the wolf's mouth!"
I actually think it makes a lot of sense. Though, I believe the response for that in Italian is "Crepi" which means something along the lines of "Die" or "Crack". I still don't know why that is the response. I'll keep you posted.

In addition to explaining my title, I think I need to add some disclaimers. I am going to give my parents access to this account. Since this particular blog allows you to leave comments, please watch your language. That being said, I don't plan on censoring myself. So, mom and dad, please enjoy this unique view you are going to get into my life. And I apologize in advance for any bad words I may say. And FYI: I have a feeling that most of my friends who have blogs Stacie probably aren't giving their parents the same privilege that I am giving you. I'm such a good daughter. By the way, mom, feel free to correct my grammar whenever you want. As long as you can figure out how to post it as a comment...

I don't really think I have any other disclaimers. Except for the usual, "I'm probably going to be mean on occasion" blah blah blah "I'm probably going to reveal some stupid things I do in my day to day life" so please don't use this against me, and "my grammar WILL be wrong from time to time" (my english has gone way downhill since learning other languages). Anyway, I'm sure there are many more, but I can't think of them right now. The disclaimer section may be updated regularly.

For those of you that read my blog when I lived in Italy, this probably won't be written in quite the same style. That one was more of an update on my day to day life whilst in Italy. (Yes, I just used the word "whilst".) This one (since my life is not as eventful right now) will probably be more of a "here's what I'm feeling today". Or not. I really don't know. We can all figure it out together.

Ok. I must go to bed so I can prepare for my gruelling day as Salon Coordinator at my place of employment. Good night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, you are a doll and a genius! Hope you stay here in CO through the summer so we can play when I am finally on a break from school...
love,Sabina

Stacie said...

As it turns out, I really AM looking for a new dress for New Year's Eve. You know, if you move to DC you could help me go shopping, and I wouldn't need luck, as I'd have your expert eye.

JasonToo said...

the response means, "may the wolf die".

Jennifer said...

But is it common? In my time there, I heard "in bocca al lupo" many times, but never heard a response like that.