Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Single!

Well, I am hard at work answering phones, scheduling appointments, checking my email, writing in my new blog and making plane reservations. I'm amazed I get paid to do this. Granted, it's not much, but still. I'm getting paid to update my mySpace page and look for other jobs.

In case there are some of you with whom I have not spoken in quite some time, I shall fill you in on my current plan for my life. (btw, I think it's really funny that as I'm writing this I'm hearing people in the next room getting hair ripped out of them.) Since I am single, and have absolutely no attachments to the states right now; ie: no kids, fiance, husband, real job, I have decided to move back to Italy. I believe I will probably be teaching english somewhere in Northern Italy. For about 1/2 a second I thought about looking into a job for a consulate but then instantly realized that it would be a gigantic pain in the ass to try and get a job through them. And since I am all about instant gratification, I am going to stick with the route that gets me there quickest.

That being said, I have absolutely no solid plans right now. So don't ask. I will keep you posted. I promise.

Quick side note: A few weeks ago Stacie and I were talking about mySpace. For those of you who aren't familiar with mySpace, there is a section where you can check whether or not you are single, in a relationship, or married. I decided that I wished there was an option people who are "single!". This, I believe, would be great for those of us, like me and Stacie, who are single and proud. They should definitely keep the option of "single" without an exclamation point for those who don't really want to be single but are. But for those of us who are thrilled about it, they should definitely add a "single!" option.

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention that on this blog you can see to the right that I have a section for friend's blogs. One is my best friend Stacie who lives in DC (move to Italy with me). She and I have had many interesting, yet very entertaining, times together. Her blogs are always entertaining, whether they are talking about what Halloween costume she should wear, or what celebrity is shooting a movie outside of her window, they are always good.

Another blog I have listed on here is called the middleCoast. This is put together by several people. I think there are at least 5 contributors to this blog. They are all extremely talented. One contributor in particular is a guy named Jason Schrowe who went to my high school. He was a senior my freshman year, and actually had lunch at the same time as me and most of my friends. Our lunch table, mainly consisting of people who were in band, was divided on whether or not we thought Jason was hot. Meghann, Stacie and I were the smart ones who thought he was gorgeous. Anyway, my freshman year of college he ended up being my boyfriend's (Tyler's)roommate. At the time, he was known as JJJ (Triple J) or Johnny Jean Jacket, because he was always wearing a jean jacket. That summer in Lawrence I learned that Jason had an amazing sense of humor and a desire to write.

Apparently "the middleCoast" was his and some of his friend's idea for a zine that they wanted to circulate. I guess they never quite got around to the hard copy version, but this blog is their attempt at keeping the middleCoast alive. Anyway, Jason passed away about a month ago very unexpectedly. I think everyone should read at least one of his contributions to the middleCoast blog. He would love it. His name that he wrote under on this blog is "OtherJason". (At the end of each entry it says who posted it.) One of my favorite of his entries is called "Hey Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind! Hey Mickey!". It was written on September 5th. (You have to go to the September 2006 archive link.) I also really like one of his last entries about Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Anyway, I wanted to put that out there so everyone could remember him and his wonderful ability to make everyone laugh.