Monday, July 23, 2007

Crazy Punjabis

Jonathon was in town this weekend for his friend Ashish's engagement party. I ended up meeting up with the whole crew at the Levee. The group included: Me, Jonathon, Shaun, Lisa, Ashish, his fiance, his brother Neil, and about 15 other Indians. After a few hours at the Levee, we decided, at the insistence of Julia (one of Ashish's friends), that it was time for Joe's Pizza in Westport. So, we started the process of gathering a caravan and working our way to Westport.

40 minutes and a 1/2 mile later, the caravan arrived at the Blockbuster parking lot. It was close to closing time, so there was no time to mess around. Everyone (at this point Jonathon and I were the only whiteys) got out of the cars, and Jonathon and I started walking. The parking lot was around the corner from where we needed to be going, so Jonathon and I started walking. About a block later, Jonathon and I realize that he and I are the only ones walking towards Joe's Pizza. We turn around and go back to the parking lot. Just before we get there, Jonathon says, "I bet they're all standing there in a big group, just waiting."

Sure enough, we stick our heads around the corner, and that was exactly what they were doing. After fully rounding the corner, the Indians saw us, and instantly started coming towards us. We turned back around, and started once again towards Joe's. Jonathon and I cracked up, comparing them to lemmings. All they needed was a tiny glimpse of us, and they were on their way.

No comments: