Monday, July 9, 2007

I don't care what you think

Tonight I went to dinner and a movie with Bucho. At dinner, while alone at the table, the waitress came up and asked if we were done. I said yes because we were catching a movie. She asked which movie and I told her. (Ocean's 13, for those of you curious.) Anyway, she said that she hadn't seen it yet, but that she wanted to. Then she asked if I'd seen Knocked Up yet. I said yes, and she said, "Oh good. I thought it was great." She then walked away to get the check. While she was gone, the guy sitting nearby (who had obviously overheard our conversation) asked, "You're going to see Ocean's 13?" I responded yes, confirming what he already knew. Then he proceeded to give me his opinion on the movie: "Ah. Well, I thought it was alright. It started off kind of slow, but the ending made up for it." To keep him from spoiling it for me I said, "Don't ruin it!" And he said, "Oh, I won't. Just wanted you to know it was alright but not as action packed as the one before it." Me: "Oh. Okay." What I was thinking: I don't care what you think. Don't give me your opinion. Whether or not you liked the movie is not going to change my decision to see/not see it. But thanks anyway for your unwanted advice.

1 comment:

Jonathon David said...

You and Suzanne should hang out more.