Friday, July 27, 2007

I like Lenexa

Here in KC, people who are proud of the area they are from like to put stickers on their cars proclaiming which area that is. For example people from Brookside have "BKS" stickers on their cars. I've always thought it was a little weird, but never really cared too much.

Well, the other day, I was driving home from a coffee shop that I've been frequenting in Lenexa. I pulled up behind this tan Toyota Camry and waited for the light to change. As I was sitting there, I couldn't help but notice this big, red bumper sticker. It was placed, of course, on the bumper. The lower, right hand corner. This was the only bumper sticker on the car, so it was very prominent. Also, it was not even close to level. It was like someone had taken the backing off of the sticker, closed their eyes, and just smacked it right onto the bumper, leaving it where it landed. In this case, at a severe angle. The wording on the sticker?:

"I LIKE LENEXA"

It was perfect. Kind of like a big "F You" to everyone from Brookside.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For an even bigger "F You" to everyone from Brookside, go here:
angrygod.com. Or just because it's funny.

Anonymous said...

I live in KCMO and am proud of the whole of it. Brookside homes are a litle overrated and over priced for my tastes, but it is still a nice stable area, and will continue to be so 25 years after the Lenexa of today has outlived its prime. I was driving up Ward Parkway near 75th this evening and I saw a funny bumper sticker myself on the back of an electricians work mini-van. It looked exactly like the one that says "I like Lenexa," except it said "Annnex Lenexa."