Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Last night's makeup

I always know I had a great time, when I wake up and realize I still have on the previous night's makeup. I always take off my makeup before I go to bed, unless I've been drinking. It's actually kind of nice, because then I don't have to spend time putting on fresh makeup for the day.

As much fun as I tend to have when I go out with my girlfriends, my nights always end up strangely. I really don't know what I do when I get home, but things always disappear. And magically, there is always a plate of half eaten nachos next to my bed. Yes, healthy, I know. But apparently this is what I crave when I've been drinking.

Let's take this morning as an example. First of all, last night was a bit crazy. Sara and I met at Tryst for a drink (or two). Then we went to meet Summer, Summer's mom, Summer's mom's partner, Jacque and Robbie at Jax. Jax closed at 10, so we went to some place called the Cruise Bar or something. I had never heard of this place before, and it was seriously like stepping into another era. You know in The Shining when Jack goes into the bar and suddenly it's full of people, even though there is really no one there? Well, that's how this bar felt to me. Then we went to my beloved Herb's. Finally, we ended the night, just me, Sara and Summer, at Spill. Keep in mind, I had to be at work at 8 30 this morning.

Okay, so I woke up around 6 30 for the first time, realizing I should do some hangover prevention. I drank 2 large glasses of water and had some advil, then fell back asleep for another hour or so. Eventually, I dragged myself out of bed. Was still unsure as to how I would be feeling, but I knew that a coffee and a breakfast burrito from the coffee cart near my salon would do the trick. Realizing I had succeeded in basically avoiding the bad parts of a hangover, I quickly got dressed and tried to leave. Unfortunately, I ran into a few problems.
1) Plate of mostly eaten nachos next to my bed. (not really a problem, but I hate eating unhealthy things right before sleeping)
2) Could not find purse. After a quick search of the loft, I found it cleverly hidden on a random chair in the corner of my living room. Unfortunately, my keys were not with the purse.
3) Could not find keys. I made myself stop and think for a second. Normally, I throw my keys onto my bed. But, since I had slept in that bed, I assumed that I had kicked the keys off of the bed and onto the floor, along with my big comforter. I then found the keys wrapped up in the comforter.
4) Then came the hard one: my jacket.

Sometimes, when I'm a little drunk, I am very careful with my clothes. I put my shoes back in their boxes and I hang up my pants and jacket. Other nights, I am extremely careless with my clothes. I kick my shoes off as I'm walking in, probably leaving them right in place for Rich to trip on. Take my clothes off as I'm stumbling towards my bed, leaving them wherever I happen to be when it comes off. Last night, I was a bit confused. The shoes had made it to their box. But a bra was on my printer. My pants were hung up, though, yet the purse was in a random spot. So, had I hung up the jacket? Or just thrown it somewhere? I looked in closet #1 and no jacket. Closet #2, also no jacket. Then, I looked in the living room, assuming it was on the couch. (I like to leave it there.) Still no jacket. Finally, I returned to my room and looked around again. I saw it sticking out from under my desk. God knows how it ended up there.

Luckily, my scarf was right next to my jacket, so I was finally able to leave and get my coffee and breakfast burrito. Today was chorizo! Yummy.

No comments: