Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Rough morning

As I suspected, I had a hard time falling asleep last night. Which made me oversleep today. I haven't overslept in a very long time. For starters, my cell went off once, I pushed snooze, and then it didn't go off again even though it was still in alarm mode. Then, my backup alarm didn't go off. Unless I was so out of it that I shut it off in my sleep. Very possible.

So I wake up at 8 32. I'm supposed to be at work at 8 30. Great. Rich was taking a shower, so I couldn't even grab my makeup. Luckily, we keep toothpaste at the salon, so I did a little finger brushing this morning. Yuck, I know.

Normally there are so many mall ride buses that you have to choose which one to get on. Seriously, if I were to decide to walk on a normal day, at least 10 buses would pass me in the process. Today, of course, there was only 1 and I had just missed it. I felt like laughing at my luck, but only for a little bit. I had to walk the entire way, which isn't far, but considering the start to my morning, it did not help. Not one bus passed me during my walk. Grrrr.

I don't know how I did it, but I got to work at 8 44. Only one technician and the laundry guys were waiting for me. (I'm the only one with a key.) Being 14 minutes late isn't the end of the world, but I really hate being late.

On top of that, I have to go back to the grocery store today because stupid King Soopers didn't put my eggs and vanilla in my bag! And of course, it's on the receipt. I was so excited to make cookies last night, and because of them, I couldn't. DAMN IT.

No comments: